Friday, September 30, 2011

Chapstick, Chapped Lips, and Things Like Chemistry

Things to not say while Running.
"What could go wrong?" Everything can go wrong.
"Things are looking good." Without appending "for the moment".
"Lookit what I can do!" Self-explanatory.
"Gun it."
"Let's go walk in the moonlight. It'll be romantic."

We went for a grocery run today, and of course, it went right sideways. Tia and I got jumped in the parking lot by some jerks in hoodies.  Elaine, August, Spencer, there may be a delay on those scarves. I may have left my crochet hook sticking out of someone's face.

I'm a bit concussed and scraped up, among other things, but nothing that's not livable.  Tia dealt with things rather a bit better, and Blake may have hit one of them with the Explorer when he came to pick us up from where he'd been parked. Oopsie.  I'm not sure how things are going at the moment, but I've cleaned and dealt with any other injuries. Talked them out of taking me to the ER unless I start acting really off. If one of the others wants to be more talkative about what happened, they can. Worst part... My eggs got smashed, so I can't fix what I wanted. We're driving again anyway. Heh.

It's funny, in a sad way...  I'm seeing so much more than I ever have, and so much more clearly. I've been a lucky, lucky girl, no matter what incidents have befallen me, they're not worth anyone's worry or stress. I just wish... I wish I could do more.

There are locks on the doors
 And chains stretched across all the entries to the inside
 There's a gate and a fence
 And bars to protect from only God knows what lurks outside

3 comments: