Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A few more pages

"maybe making me bleed
will be the answer that could wash the slate clean"

The more I read, the more it looks like Marie felt that she deserved to be punished for something, or that she needed to sacrifice something. It gets a little confusing once in a while.

"There once was a little bunny who had done no wrong.
She was given a knight and a handmaiden with blood on her dress to watch over her.
The knight rode off into the shadows when the shadows came the first time.
This left the handmaiden to be the guard.
The handmaiden did her utmost when the shadows came again, but fell.
The little bunny was broken because she had done wrong."

Okay, back to this little excerpt. Once again referencing the fact that Marie believed she deserved the things that were happening. "Bunny" was something Jared used to call her when we were younger. It seems like she likes to assign roles to people, like this is some kind of story. Roles seem to play an important part in the minds of some people involved with these messes, like this is some big play and someone is watching. I wonder who is the understudy and who is the lead. Not me for either, I feel sure. I'm far too boring to be any important role.

Jared, as her older brother, is obviously the knight mentioned. As to the handmaiden, I guess that's me, though I'm not sure why I'm designated as being covered in blood if that's the case. Should I worry about that? Nah. Paint, blood, same difference some days, right?

I know this much, I failed at any sort of guarding, and whatever the circumstances, Marie did not deserve what happened. I both wish for and dread the possibility of remembering what happened during the day or so I was missing. 

And interesting note, this excerpt has little illustrations to go with each line that I may be uploading as soon as I get things set up better and where Patch won't try to tangle himself in the cords. He's a sweet puppy, but he's a puppy. I think that's all that needs to be said. He keeps scratching at one of the wall like something's in there. Not the one to the adjoining room, at least. I guess that's a good thing.

Removing the stitches in my shoulder today. All the others are dissolvable, but I popped about half of the ones in my shoulder at least twice. No sign of infection to the wounds since we left town, and I've been good with taking the meds, even though they make me sleep. I guess that just means more paintings. Yes. I brought them with me. I have to get these pictures out of my head or they'll eat their way out slowly but surely and bleed down over my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment