Friday, April 6, 2012

Sleepless in the Waiting Room

I'm not sleeping. Chilled out is not the phrase that I would use for me, though Lis seems to think it appropriate (that's cute).

I did meet a guy in the caf last night. I think he had the hots for me. Totally drooling the whole time. Totally worthless. A waste of my time.

Sarcasm. I have it.

The doctor's are whispering things. They think no one can hear. They think we're asleep. They want to save Tia. Not the baby. It's too early on to save the baby. There's really no hope for it. Webbed toes and fingers and incomplete organs.

And it's pretty much not going to make it. Too complex. Black blood everywhere. It's started to die in the womb. And it could kill Tia.

I've said too much.

Tia doesn't know.

She's still K.O.

Lucky me. First to know, and no way to fix the situation.

3 comments:

  1. .....that's horrible.

    I...I'm deeply sorry, for your entire little family. I don't think there's anything else I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant a tiny bit less "metaphorically climbing the walls and likely to get us kicked out", Kailin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wish I was drooling over you, kid.

    ReplyDelete