Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dreams, Dreaming, Dreamt

First, no, there hasn't been a test yet. Not enough time to be sure of accuracy, if the timing's what I'm pretty sure it is. Lovely.

Yeah, I've been dreaming again, and painting and drawing. Ya'll don't get to see those right now, though. My camera broke, and honestly, there are some things that don't bear seeing. Believe me, these don't.

Dreaming is always strange, yeah? Shadows on he horizon, becoming more distinct. But then, there's always been shadows on the horizon, they're just getting closer. Shadows have faces. Maybe it was easier when I couldn't identify the faces. Maybe it was easier when I didn't dream of people I've met and people I've never met dying or not dying. It's layered. Mutable. Things are changeable.

Sitting in a room as a teenager, talking to Doctor Sanchez. There's someone else there. I can't... I can't see. That's the weird part, because I always see, and I always remember. But this time, all I can tell is there's another person. It's like there's a gap in the dream, a place where the colors don't flow. 

There are always colors, especially in dreams. It's weird, I know. Colors and imagey sorts of things, feelings. It's usually not a big thing, not worth mentioning, I guess it's a form of synesthesia, though it's been getting worse over the last few months. Especially when I'm on pain meds, it's not just distracting little things in the corner of my eye. That's part of why I've been trying to wean myself off of meds earlier than I "should" every time I get hurt. Maybe I'm hallucinating. Maybe I'm nutso. Well... That last part was a given.

Shadows. A teenager, hurt.Have to help. Can't... Can't tell a lot of things, but I hate this kind of dream. Where you're standing there, frozen, and you have to watch someone hurt or die. Can't change it... But you have to. Can't even tell if it's a boy or a girl. Dark hair, dark eyes. Two people in one shell. Fire... Ugh. I have to... Things can be changed.

Right.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man that sounds like a really interesting dream but kinda scary. You paint too? Maybe we can email about stuff I need someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh. Uhm. Hi, Bondie. Sure, I could like that. Yeah, I paint. I like learning different styles of stuff.

      Delete
    2. It's on my profile, but: disinia@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. >two people one body
    >not sure if guy/girl
    >fire
    Ladies and Gentlemen, cue the return of the Arsonist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord, I hope not. No... There were shadows on the person, but not that. I think. It was probably just a dream, anyway. Even if it wasn't, we'll figure things out.

      Delete